Governance and Accountability Framework (GAF)
The Governance and Accountability Framework (GAF) was developed to identify risks due to corruption or fraudulence in the management of the Trung Son Hydropower Project. Specific corrective measures under the GAF include:
- Codes of Ethics and Conduct
- Internal Compliance Checklist: Possibilities of corruption are prevented by complying with procedures in preparing bidding documents, bid evaluation report, preparation and signing of contract, handling of payment claims and variation orders. The checklist also helps detect potential corruption during the bidding process.
- Conflict of Interest Register: Before evaluating bids, members of the bid evaluation team should register with the Conflict of Interest Register, confirming that they do not have relationships with Bidders.
- Procurement and construction supervision disclosure standards: To ensure that information on tender invitations, successful and unsuccessful bidders are all disclosed publicly and widely on the project website and through media.
- Complaints and grievances of the people affected by the project area and complaints and grievances related to procurement: These provisions aim to ensure that a procedure for complaints and grievances settlement is developed and enforced, and that the settlement of complaints and grievances is thorough, open and transparent.